There’s a lot of new stuff in WWE 2K19. Today’s update talks about the huge amount of improvements, as well as matches and more.
The new champ
From everything that we’ve seen so far, WWE 2K19 looks like it might be a winner. Every year usually brings improvements for the long-running franchise, but this new installment seems to have more than usual.
Here’s a sampling of what’s been added or beefed up:
- An improved the framerate for matches with six or more characters on-screen; overhauled strikes, with over 250 new attack and reaction animations; a wider variety of offense for computer-controlled opponents; bolstered commentary, with over 15,000 new lines from the team of Michael Cole, Corey Graves and Byron Saxton; dozens of new match scoring conditions; and the ability to change controller assignments during Universe and Exhibition matches;
- New 5-Man, 6-Man, 8-Man and Royal Rumble match types;
- A more realistically proportioned Hell in a Cell structure that more accurately captures the tension of battling within;
- A revamped steel cage with new interactions, options, mini-games and the option to leave through the cage door;
- The ability to choose who is holding the Money in the Bank briefcase in Universe and Exhibition modes; ability to customize Money in the Bank briefcases and a variety of cash-in sequences;
- Addition of a new Payback System, a defensive mechanic that can turn the momentum of a match and get you back on track;
- Big Head Mode option to toggle on Big Heads for any WWE Superstar or created character!
As boring as it might sound, I’m actually most excited for the ability to leave a cage via the door. I don’t think that’s ever been done before in a grappling game. The Payback system sounds like it might be interesting too, and I love that new series of match types. That’s good stuff.
WWE 2K19 hits for consoles and the PC on October 9th, or on the 5th if you buy into the Wooooo! Edition. You can check out the full list of features and a bit more here, on the official blog for the game.
Continue Reading >>> Source link