Big guns, big explosions, and lots and lots of over the top action. Add all of that up and you get the multiplayer for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
Multiplayer goes dark
Activision revealed the multiplayer for the upcoming Modern Warfare soft-reboot. As you can imagine, there’s a lot happening in the resulting trailer, but if you’re a Call of Duty fan then you’re probably going to like most of it.
“Our studio goal for Modern Warfare was to create a completely new experience, and the most varied, customizable and realistic-feeling Call of Duty multiplayer,” said Geoff Smith, Multiplayer Gameplay Director, Infinity Ward. “Our design goal is for gamers to have fun by playing again and again with their friends, where the action will feel fresh, but also familiar for all players every time they jump in.”
Geoff Smith, Multiplayer Gameplay Director, Infinity Ward
What you see in that trailer though, isn’t all you get. Activision is boasting a premium multiplayer experience with Modern Warfare, and that includes all the bells and whistles.
Among the included modes will be:
- 2 vs. 2 experiences in Gunfight
- 6 vs. 6 multiplayer gameplay
- 10 vs. 10 and 20 vs. 20 firefights
- Ground War, an epic large-scale mode supporting more than 100-players
Add to the play options the all new Gunsmith system. Gunsmith will reportedly allow for “unprecedented customization and modifiability” in the game’s arsenal. For those who are into it too, the game will feature “realistic recoil and weapon ballistics” throughout, and fresh gameplay additions. “Bullet penetration, gun mounting, door breaching and night vision multiplayer gameplay” will all factor into the multiplayer.
All that and a beta too
If you’re looking to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare early, then you’ll want in on the beta. Actually, I should probably say beta”s”. With an “s”. Activision will be carrying out a total of four. Some will focus on different things however, and two are PS4 only.
- PlayStation 4 Exclusive Beta
- September 12 -13 (Early Access, PlayStation 4)
- September 14 – 16 (Open Beta, PlayStation 4)
- Beta featuring crossplay testing
- September 19 – 20 (Early Access, PC and Xbox One; Open Beta, PlayStation 4)
- September 21 – 23 (Open Beta, PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox One)
Continue Reading >>> Source link