Get ready PS3 and PC players, the Apocalypse is coming, and it’s bringing diesel-punk zombies.
I honestly didn’t even know ‘diesel-punk’ was a thing before seeing the art style in action and brought to life by Call of Duty: Black Ops II’s Apocalypse map pack and its ‘Origins’ zombies map in particular. And you know what? It’s kind of awesome.
Zombies though, are just one of the elements in the pack which also includes a quartet of map, all of which are wildly imaginative. Here’s what you get:
- Pod: A failed utopian community from the 70’s has left stacks of dilapidated residential pods nestled into an abandoned cliff side in Taiwan. Its residents long gone, the modernist compound now hosts frenetic combat as players must run atop the pods, as well as navigate their multi-tiered interiors for a strategic edge.
- Frost: Fresh snow meets explosive gunpowder in this snow-capped European city, where the bridge over a frozen canal separates it into two sides, requiring players to employ multi-level traversal strategies to outsmart and ultimately outshoot their enemies.
- Takeoff: Fans of “Stadium” from the original Call of Duty®: Black Ops First Strike DLC will find themselves at home on “Takeoff.” Marooned in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, this remote launch site is all about close-quarters combat, combining tight corners with open spaces for intense encounters.
- Dig: An adaptation of the fan-favorite “Courtyard” from Call of Duty®: World at War, where two archeological dig sites in Afghanistan become the perfect playground for combatants eager for hectic, unceasing confrontations. Treyarch, has retained the spirit of “Courtyard” with two major chokepoints, a wide open layout and raised platforms, but has provided fans with a fresh take on the multitude of paths.
- Apocalypse also features Origins, the most horrifying and imaginative Zombies experience to date. Players will be deployed to a Dieselpunk-stylized World War I-era France where they will encounter the return of the four original heroes – Tank, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen – from the very first Zombies map featured in Call of Duty: World at War, as well as hordes of undead that have overrun the French countryside’s trenches and fields, as well as the ruins of an ancient and mysterious location.
The Apocalypse map pack is currently available on the Xbox 360 for play on that consoles version of Black Ops II and will arrive for both the PS3 and PC versions on September 26th. The pack will cost you $14.99 USD and is included on the Season Pass.
Continue Reading >>> Source link