Screenshot by PC Invasion
Carnage Hall is where most of the action takes place in Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties. It has multiple activities that take place in an arena, some of which have several objectives. Here’s our Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties guide to help you complete Carnage Hall challenges so you can acquire more fame points and tokens.
Note: For more information, check out our Dying Light 2 guides and features hub.
Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties Carnage Hall guide – Challenges, fame, and tokens
You’ll be able to enter Carnage Hall in Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties after completing a set of trials in Villedor. From there, you’ll have to talk to Severus, the tournament organizer, who’ll present the activities.
There are four major types of challenges in Carnage Hall (which we’ll detail in a short while). Here’s the gist when it comes to the tasks:
- Carnage Hall activities tend to have a set loadout where you may only use specific weapons, tools, and consumables.
- Only a select few activities are available at the start. You’ll need to complete more to obtain fame, points subsequently unlocking the difficult tiers/variants.
- Challenges can only be completed once while you’re going through the DLC’s campaign. This is interspersed with various side quests that help you understand the story further.
- You’re also rewarded with Carnage Tokens, the currency used to obtain DLC equipment and cosmetic outfits from the vendor.
- The tab to the right shows your overall fame ranking (in descending order) compared to the other fighters. Once you reach Rank 6, the Road to Perdition main quest will have a new objective where you partake in the Challenger Fights. If you proceed further, it will lead you to the final boss and conclusion of the story arc.
- Upon finishing the main quest and defeating the final boss, you can do additional challenges to earn extra Carnage Tokens.
Freak Fight activities pit you against special infected with unique moves. These tend to be the easiest and most straightforward tasks. Here are some examples:
- Inferno – Hazmat zombie that tosses flammable stuff.
- Gorilla – It’ll rush and pounce on you, which you’ll have to avoid or you’ll get temporarily knocked down. It can also do a multi-hit ground pound.
- Cataclysm – Shoots out a projectile in a wide arc; has a poison nova AoE.
Carnage, meanwhile, has you fighting multiple undead. However, only a select few are marked as important targets (i.e., usually special infected). Take out your initial targets, which will subsequently spawn the next wave.
Note: Bolters (i.e., fast-moving zombies that like to run and climb everywhere) will periodically spawn. You’re told that killing them will yield powerful weapons. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case. It’s possible for the mobs to not have anything on them, and their corpses will just disappear.
Rush focuses heavily on your parkouring skills, where you’ll sprint, climb, swing, zipline, and wall-run to reach platforms. You’ll need to pass through all the checkpoints (i.e., blue rings) before the time limit expires. Likewise, you’ll see white rings, which denote the next checkpoints that will spawn, so you can plan ahead on where you’ll need to go next.
Rush tends to be somewhat difficult. You’ll have to avoid making mistakes, or you’ll waste a lot of time trying to get back on platforms. Similarly, mobs will spawn throughout the activity. Projectile hits and explosions can cause a lot of hassles. In any case, you can take a look at our parkour skills guide to decide on the best perks to acquire.
Spectacle activities are the grandest Carnage Hall challenges in Dying Light 2: Bloody Ties. This is a multi-step foray where you have to complete set tasks. Here are some examples:
- One Day in Harran
- Set car traps around the area.
- Collect Antizin drops on the rooftops.
- Switch all the power relays. There’s a visual bug here where the generator panels look like they’re opened, but they’re actually closed. You’ll have to mouse over the small button prompt to open the panels.
- Save the survivors (i.e., mannequins) by taking out the surrounding mobs.
- Survive the short horde mode for a few minutes. Position yourself on rooftops or the electrical wires so you can kick zombies to their doom.
- Prince of Thieves
- Lower the drawbridge by interacting with the two winches and mashing the button prompt.
- Once you enter the “castle,” take out the thugs. Then, pick up the loot and toss them in the cart.
- Ignite the gas tank and throw it at the gate to destroy it. Then, mash the button while interacting with the device to lower the drawbridge.
- Move alongside or on top of the cart and snipe the enemies.
- Once the cart reaches the end of the tracks, survive for a couple of minutes while taking out more infected.
Continue Reading >>> Source link