Screenshot by PC Invasion
Yes, there is, indeed, a cute doggo in The Devil in Me. She’ll pop up from time to time, scaring away the characters. Eventually, though, you’ll need to make a fateful choice. Here’s our The Devil in Me guide to help you save the dog, Connie, so you can get the Happier Ending achievement.
Note: We’ll have a guides and features hub for The Devil in Me soon, so stay tuned. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
The Devil in Me guide – How to save Connie the dog
Connie is the name of the dog in The Devil in Me and the key decision involving her survival occurs during the Homestead chapter. In my playthrough, I was controlling Jamie, although Kate was also alive (both survived the Glass Trap).
Note: All characters are alive at this point in my run. However, Erin got separated, while Mark and Charlie were doing their own thing. As such, I’m not sure how this chapter would turn out if either Jamie or Kate died beforehand.
In any case, enter the farmhouse. Jamie will see Connie the pitbull. You’re then given an important choice if you want to save Connie the dog in The Devil in Me, and it involves telling Kate what to do:
- Demanding: Help me – Kate will try to aid Jamie, but she’ll also run with her to the backroom.
- Anxious: Hide – Jamie will tell Kate to hide behind one of the sofas. This is the correct response.
Shortly thereafter, Du’Met will show up. He’ll hear Connie’s growls, and he’ll investigate where the noise is coming from. Make sure to check the Accessibility options, and that the QTE timeouts and combat timers are not disabled.
Now, once Du’Met spots Jamie, the camera will pan to the broken bottle that Jamie is holding. This will turn into an aim-and-shoot (or stab) sequence:
- Stab Connie – Jamie will kill Connie to prevent her from barking. Du’Met will leave, which allows Jamie to survive. Still, that makes you an absolute jerk, and I won’t hear any excuses (even though I’m a cat person).
- You chose the “Demanding” reply and you let the timer expire – This means Kate is with you in the backroom. If you don’t stab Connie, she’ll bark and cause Du’Met to check the area. He’ll then chop Jamie right in the head, leading to her death. There is no way to avoid this.
- You chose the “Anxious” reply and you let the timer expire – This means Kate is still in the living room. Connie will bark and Du’Met will approach. Before he can do anything, Kate will kick him, and Connie will bite him, too. This allows everyone to escape unharmed.
Anyway, you’ve saved Connie the dog in The Devil in Me. The next time you see her will be during the finale. As the group sails away on a boat, Connie will hop in and join them. When Du’Met attacks, she’ll get thrown overboard, though she’ll manage to swim to safety. This nets you the Happier Ending achievement.
The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me is available via Steam.
Continue Reading >>> Source link