Ready to get dirty again? Publisher Deep Silver has revealed the car classes that you’ll be taking around the track in the upcoming racer Dirt 5.
So is Dirt 5 the most vehicularly-diverse racing game ever? It’s possible I think, because wow does this game pack in the car classes. Deep Silver took the wraps off of the stable that the upcoming racer will be offering fans, and it’s pretty deep.
“Variety is a massive part of our vision for DIRT 5, and we’ve made sure that this is represented in the game’s car classes and car roster,” said DIRT 5 Producer Stuart Boyd. “Combine the car classes with our 10 brand new locations, huge slate of event types, and dynamic extreme weather which completely transforms the handling and gameplay feel. The amount of different experiences to drive in just goes off the scale – we can’t wait for you take it all for a spin.
DIRT 5 Producer Stuart Boyd
Sound promising, Dirt fans? Even as someone who’s never played a Dirt title, I have to admit it’s tempting me to pick this one up.
Admittedly, some of what’s here look to be variations on a theme, but still, 12 different classes is undeniably awesome. And it should mean that players will have a plethora of options to get them around the track. Not only that, as was pointed out above, the weather system that Dirt 5 will have will change the handling on each one.
All together, the classes are:
- Cross Raid: Packing strength to conquer tough terrain, this class includes the Volkswagen Race Touareg 3 and the Laffite G-Tec X-Road’s video game debut.
- Rock Bouncer: Huge wheels, mad suspension, a big roll cage. Use this behemoth’s traction, acceleration, and stubbornness to beat all obstacles in extreme events.
- Rally Cross: These rallycross titans include the likes of the Peugeot 208 WRX and Citroen C3 R5. This class can turn on a dime and go from 0-60 almost as quickly.
- Formula Off Road: Ideal for Stampede events, this group houses our monstrous WS Auto Racing Mudclaw – a true off-roader with huge ridged tires and incredible power.
- Classic Rally: Roll back the years with rides like the Fiat 131 Abarth Rally and Porsche 924 GTS Rallye that popularized going flat-out fast on any possible terrain.
- 80s Rally: We’re combining favorites like the Ford RS200 with incredible newcomers like the Porsche 959 Prodrive Rally Raid for a nod to off-road’s golden age.
- 90s Rally: Relive a time when off-road truly went mainstream and recreate rivalries with the Subaru Impreza S4 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI.
- Rally GT: These desirable cars are kitted with off-road specs, including the Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT-4 and Porsche 911 R-GT.
- Sprint: These rides perfectly rip up dirt oval tracks sideways while sporting wheels of all different sizes, huge wings and 900bhp. A unique class for unique racing.
- Pre Runners: The best road-going SUVs and all-purpose vehicles draped with an off-road kit and souped-up for extreme racing. That’s the Pre-Runners class, featuring incredible race-ready versions of the Aston Martin DBX and more.
- Super Lites: Have fun taming the eye-watering speed of the Ariel Nomad Tactical, Exomotive Exocet Off-Road, and more in these champions of all-terrain challenges.
- Unlimited: Jump in the Jimco Unlimited Truck, Brenthel Industries Unlimited Truck and more to take on the most demanding off-road events in the world.
Lots more to come for Dirt 5, so stay tuned. The game hits the PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 9th. Series X and PS5 versions will hit just after the consoles’ launch, and there’s a Stadia version incoming too, though that’ll be in 2021.
Continue Reading >>> Source link