The medieval world of Torn Banner Studios and Tripwire’s Chivalry 2 has arrived on Game Pass for Xbox and PC. It’s time for some Reinforce-ments.
For King and country
One of the more popular titles to take advantage of the medieval theme, Chivalry has carved out a nice fanbase for itself. And it was followed up by an even more successful sequel, with Chivalry 2.
Now that multiplayer sword and shield game is back, and with a pair of new editions. Chivalry 2’s King’s Edition arrives, stocked with some nice new content, but the game also hits Game Pass with the Reinforced Edition.
The Reinforced Edition (out now on Game Pass) includes:
- New Map: Hippodrome (Team Deathmatch/Free-for-All). Designed from the ground-up to showcase the new mounted horse combat feature first introduced with the Chivalry 2: Tenosian Invasioncontent update, Hippodrome is set in an arena full of danger and peril with spike traps and flamethrowers – and features open spaces, providing lots of opportunities for horseback jousting and lance charges.
- New Weapon: The Katars. The first dual-wielded weapon to join the world of Chivalry 2, the katars are a matched pair of deadly, armor-piercing, daggers for swift close range attacks. Designed for the Ambusher class, it is a very fast stab weapon that does not interrupt opponents. It also encourages the player wielding it to have good footwork and make use of dodges, as it has a very weak block. The katars make for an excellent engaging weapon, allowing Ambushers to get behind enemy lines and cut down heavily armored fighters with ease.
- Mounted Combat Map Updates: The Chivalry 2 community has been asking for more horseplay, so Torn Banner Studios has delivered, adding mounted horse combat existing maps The Raid on Aberfell (Team Objective) and The Siege of Rudhelm (Team Objective).
The King is back
As for that King’s Edition, even if you’re a veteran Chivalry 2 player you might want to dig in on that. It’s packed with new stuff, and bonuses to start you off on the right grieve.
The new edition includes:
- Rebel King’s Armor and War Helmet: Don the legendary armor worn by General Malric at the Battle of Stoneshill.
- Feydrid’s Aegis Armor and War Crown: Fight for glory and honor with the Steward King Feydrid’s royal set.
- Duke’s Talon and Kralle of Bridgetown Shields: Protect yourself with the Duke’s Talon (Mason Shield) and Kralle of Bridgetown (Agathian Shield).
- Surrender Flag Novelty Item: Live to fight another day with this novelty item, added to your spawn-in inventory.
- 1,000 Crowns + 5,000 Gold: Receive 1,000 Crowns (premium currency) and 5,000 Gold (earnable currency), used to unlock new armor, weapon appearances and more!
While Chivalry 2: King’s Edition is available on PC today for $59.99 USD, there’s also an upgrade plan. Those who already have the game via either Epic or Steam can boost their experience to the King’s Edition for $9.99 USD.
Oh, and if you’re playing on a console, you can expect some King-ly content as well, though not till some time later this month.
Continue Reading >>> Source link