The multimedia assault is here for DC’s newest animated film Justice League: Gods and Monsters, and it brings an alternate look at Superman with the Son of Zod in a debut issue that fans of the DC Animated properties shouldn’t miss.
Probably my pick of the week is JLA Gods And Monsters: Superman #1. Starring the son of Zod and taking place in an alternate universe, this issue expands on the fiction created for the new Blu Ray and DVD film, Justice League: Gods and Monsters.
So what’s to get so excited about? Well, for starters this one’s done in the classic Animated style of the Batman, Superman, and Justice League cartoon shows. And to back that up, Paul Dini is in command of it. He was the creative force (among others) that drove those aforementioned cartoons, and if you like good superhero ‘toons, well, then you liked those shows. Personally, and as much as I do like the way things are looking so far, I think Dini should be put in charge of the DCU film slate. He knows his stuff, plain and simple.
Other than that though, there’s not a glut of books this week, but there is a ton of good stuff packed into what’s out there this week. Don’t miss the origins of the ‘Truth’ Superman storyline in Superman #42, the new issue of He-Man: Eternity War, Ghostbusters Get Real, Star Wars #7 and more.
Scroll down for my full list of picks, and then click on over to Previews website to see the entire roster of what’s out there at your local comics shop today.
Dark Horse Comics
- Conan the Avenger #16: A new arc kicks off with Conan and friends heading to the Blood Oasis.
- Halo: Escalation #20 – Part 2 of “The Absolute Record”. Canon stuff that fans shouldn’t miss.
- Batgirl #42 – Superman villain Livewire crosses into Burnside to take on Batgirl and the new Batman.
- The Flash Annual #4 – Zoom. ‘Nuff said.
- Gotham by Midnight Annual #1 – The Gentleman Ghost makes his New 52 universe debut.
- He-Man: The Eternity War #8 – The Masters-allied Snake Men take on the Horde in brutal fashion.
- JLA Gods and Monsters: Superman #1 – see above
- Superman #42 – The Truth is finally revealed and Clark Kent’s life will never be the same.
- Ghostbusters Get Real #2 – The Ghostbusters from the IDW series meet their animated opposites thanks to an inter-dimensional baddie. And an ‘Extreme’ group of ‘busters might just appear too.
- TMNT #48 – Turtles vs Mousers as Baxter Stockman fights to eliminate Splinter for good.
- Transformers: Combiner Hunters #1 – A one-shot starring the trio of Windblade, Chroma, and Arcee!
- Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #43 – So, what do you do exactly when a planet starts chasing after you?
- Transformers Windblade #5 – Guest starring Blurr in a race-themed issue.
- X-Files Annual 2015 – Mulder investigates the disappearance of a child on the anniversary of his sister’s abduction.
- Spawn #254 – Reality is broken, the Titanic is in dry dock in NY, and Spawn is besieged by demons and angels both.
- Star Wars #7 – Ever wonder what Ben Kenobi’s life was like on Tatooine, between the trilogies?
- X-Men ’92 #2 – A Secret Wars crossover, the X-Men throw down against the Shadow Queen.
- Ninjak #5 – The epic conclusion to the Weaponeer arc.
Continue Reading >>> Source link