The Ruinous Effigy is an exotic trace rifle that’s part of Destiny 2: Season of Arrivals. You can obtain it via the “Missive” quest chain. You can also take a look at all 50 Savathun’s Eye locations for the Ruinous Effigy’s catalyst. Here’s our guide to help you out.
Note: For more information about the other activities and content for this season, check out our Destiny 2: Season of Arrivals guides and features hub.
Destiny 2: Season of Arrivals – The Missive exotic quest
The “Missive” quest steps to obtain the Ruinous Effigy exotic were originally datamined by Light.gg. Here they are:
1. Missive: Visit the Prismatic Recaster in the Tower Annex – This is normally what you do each weekly reset anyway, so go ahead and get this part done. You’ll notice that the exotic quest can be picked up (seen above).
2. Gift: Complete “Means to an End” – This mission changes each week and rewards pinnacle gear. Due to a rotation, you might be familiar with what’s in store for the weekly Interference and “Means to an End” activities.
- Collect 25x Calcified Light on Io, Mars, and Titan using your Ghost’s scanner – You can check our Calcified Light locations guide if you need help finding these collectibles (seen below).
- Defeat 15x Savathun’s Marionettes on Io and Titan – These are the yellow bar/elite enemies that spawn alongside Contact public event bosses. Make sure to kill them first before the boss, otherwise, they’ll despawn.
Note: It looks like you don’t even need to kill Savathun’s Marionettes. Defeating the Contact heroic boss (making the Marionette despawn automatically) also adds to your tally.
- Defeat 100x targets using the Void element.
- Get 25x precision multi-kills – You should be able to do this easily enough in solo areas like The Whisper mission or the entrance cavern of the Prophecy dungeon. Alternatively, just do an Escalation Protocol and pray that blueberries don’t steal your headshot kills.
- Complete Gambit or Reckoning activities – There are 18 points needed to progress, but higher tiers of Reckoning, defeating invaders, and kills as an invader provide additional progress. It might be better to just do Gambit Prime, use Truth or Xenophage, and go to town on hapless randoms.
5. Shape – Decrypt the item via the Umbral Decoder. You’ll get the Ruinous Effigy once you do this part.
Ruinous Effigy exotic perks
So, what exactly are we looking at when it comes to this new Destiny 2: Season of Arrivals exotic trace rifle? Well, the Ruinous Effigy has two known unique perks according to dataminer Ffom:
- Transmutation – Kills with this weapon collapse victims into void transmutation spheres.
- Evolution – Transmutation spheres you create can be picked up and wielded as weapons by your or allies. You can use light and heavy attacks, as well as guard and drain nearby hostiles.
It seems a little gimmicky, at first, but we’ll soon find out if the Ruinous Effigy is a worthwhile weapon to use. Don’t forget to destroy Savathun’s Eyes for the catalyst as well as a triumph.
Continue Reading >>> Source link