The Duke is back. Gearbox is bringing its recent Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour to Nintendo’s Switch this week.
Time to kick ass…
Do you miss the days of classic, action-packed FPS? So you prefer your shooters to have less story and more blasting? Do you like badass heroes who don’t ever take off their sunglasses?
Well… have you skipped Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour on all the other platforms that it’s come out for? If the answer to some or all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re in luck. The Duke is almost ready to hit the Nintendo Switch.
A perfect portable (or at home) port of the classic FPS is honestly pretty awesome all by itself. This though, is the most recent edition of the game, from publisher Gearbox.
That means that you get more than just the base game. Actually, quite a bit more. Even if you have played a version of this one on another platform too, you’ll find something new here.
- Nintendo Switch Specific Features – Utilize the Nintendo Switch to its fullest with optional gyroscopic aiming, HD rumble, motion controls, and local wireless multiplayer.
- All New Episode Five – Complete an all-new episode containing eight original levels created by the original designers ofDuke Nukem 3D, Allen Blum III, and Richard “Levelord” Gray.
- New Music and One-liners – Episode Five has original music composed by Lee Jackson, original author of Duke Nukem’s iconic theme “Grabbag” and sound designer for Duke Nukem 3D, along with new one-liners from the voice of Duke himself, Jon St. John.
- In-Game Developer Commentary – All-new behind-the-scenes original development team commentary accessible in-game.
- Optionally Remastered – Play the game using the Ken Silverman’s original 1996 graphics engine or toggle in real time to play with the original content rendered at high fidelity and enhanced frame rate using Gearbox’s “True3D” graphics engine.
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour lands on the Switch tomorrow, June 23rd.
Continue Reading >>> Source link