EA and Ghost Games’ reboot of the Need for Speed franchise is making an impact with more than its visuals, as the game will offer a little something for every race fan.
“We’re bringing in Five Ways to Play to ensure that your gameplay experience is all your own and helps propel your progression every second, every minute,” said Marcus Nilsson, Executive Producer at Ghost Games. “We want everyone to experience that perfect Need for Speed moment – driving insanely fast, sliding through a corner in your customized ride alongside your friends, whilst being chased by the cops.”
Basically, however you like to play your racing games, there’s probably something in Need for Speed for you. Ghost Games is hoping that the five main elements of the title, which includes Speed, Style, Build, Crew, and Outlaw, will weave you through the game’s “interconnected narrative”. Each style or element is built around a real-world luminary of car culture too, so there’s some element of authentic here too.
Here’s what you can expect to see, in that inimitable NfS style:
- Speed – Pedal to the metal, high speeds, maximum adrenaline rush. Keep your nerve and never lift off the gas, the fearless always push the limits.
- Style – Expression through driving, sliding the car into a corner sideways with ultimate precision. For some, style is all that matters.
- Build – Take your car to the extreme through visual and performance modification. The constant need to improve and personalize. Craftsmen build, searching for perfection.
- Crew – Ride together with your Crew and never hit the streets alone. Put your faith in others and the skill of close proximity chaos.
- Outlaw – Messing with and escaping from the cops. Push the limits and live life on the edge as you crave the thrill of the chase.
It sounds pretty sharp overall. And not the last few games were bad really, but the franchise was in serious need of a revamp to get back on track, as it had become way more of a cops and racers title than anything else. Hopefully the new shift over to a more balanced plate of offerings evens things out a bit more for fans of other styles to dig into.
And that’s just what you’ll be able to do when Need for Speed arrives on the Xbox One, PS4, and PC on November 3rd.
Continue Reading >>> Source link