Following the recent addition an achievements system to the Epic Games Store, the company is now working on mod support. This new feature is still in beta testing, but EGS now supports mods for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. A new update rolled out yesterday which integrated the feature.
A dozen mods are already available for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries players. Developer Piranha Games also posted their pick of the lot. These mods include:
- MechCommander Mercenaries by the MCM Team is a recently-announced and highly ambitious real-time strategy conversion of MW5.
- MW5 Mercs Reloaded by NavidA1, the most prolific creator in the MW5 Modding community, is an expansion of ‘Mechs and the MechLab, as well as a rework of many core systems and a collection of great quality-of-life improvements.
- MercTech by MagnumForceGB is an overhaul of many core mechanics related to ‘Mechs and the MechLab, introducing plenty of new weapons, equipment, and features inspired by classic BattleTech systems and rules.
- The TableTopRulez Lancemate and Enemy AI Mods by Oraeon1224 are expansions on the AI systems in MW5, bringing greater complexity and visible levels of intelligence to the in-mission AI.
- The MW5 Mod Compatibility Pack by Sketch is an effort to increase compatibility between Mods, enabling creators to focus their work and coordinate with others to improve their work.
Tools for the adept
Piranha Games also explained that the game’s mods for the Epic Games Store are fully-fledged tools.
“With access to all Blueprints and Content Assets used to make the game, the MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Mod Editor is more than a basic toolset,” Piranha said. “Excluding source code and code modification, it is otherwise a fully featured version of the MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries project used for development.”
Mod support is now in beta on the Epic Games Store, starting with Mechwarrior 5.
This is an early iteration of the feature, but you can expect to see more titles supported in the future. Keep an eye out! https://t.co/Pmgy9tkI8O
— Epic Games Store (@EpicGames) July 30, 2020
To get started, all you need to do is go over to the Epic Games Store page for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. At the top will be a drop-down menu showing the mods available. You can also access the modding toolkit from there. As for the mod editor, it is now included with the game as a separate title in your library.
Continue Reading >>> Source link