Special Operations are a type of activity that you can do in Far Cry 6. Just like the campaign, it can be played solo or co-op. However, it can only be accessed if Ubisoft Connect is online. It actually led to problems when I reviewed the game since it kept thinking that the client was offline, preventing me from trying out this activity until just a couple of days ago. But, I digress. Anyway, here’s our Far Cry 6 Special Operations guide to help you complete your runs as you escape with the PG-240X safely.
Note: For more information, check out our Far Cry 6 guides and features hub.
Far Cry 6 Special Operations guide: How to complete your runs and escape with the PG-240X
The Special Operations in Far Cry 6 are unlocked once you reach any guerrilla main base in Yara’s three regions (i.e., Madrugada, Valle de Oro, and El Este). Simply speak to Lola, an NPC marked by a green star icon. As of now, Lola only has two Special Operations maps: Mesozoico and Maceo. These are self-contained destinations, so don’t expect that you’ll explore the rest of Yara’s countryside.
Click on either of these scenarios to toggle solo or co-op, as well as to see the rewards:
- Moneda – This is a unique currency used for Black Market purchases.
- Los Bandidos recruits – Assuming you’ve upgraded your Bandidos Barracks camp facility, Lola’s Special Operations will net you additional recruits.
- Gear pieces – When you complete a Special Operation for the first time, you’ll receive a piece of gear (i.e., armor). Subsequent completions yield extra Moneda.
Note: If you check the Black Market tab, you’ll notice items that can be purchased by spending Moneda. These include weapons like the 1887 shotgun, MP5 submachine gun, and Eastern Front sniper rifle (which looks like a Mosin-Nagant).
In any case, here are our goals in the Special Operations in Far Cry 6:
- Make your way across the unique map/scenario to find the PG-240X storage. This is a radioactive device that we need to obtain.
- Find the FND commander in the area. Take them out and grab their key.
- Use the key to open the storage and claim the PG-240X.
- Exfiltrate safely with the device.
These sound easy enough, at least on paper. However, the maps are huge. You can see an example in the image above. That’s for the Mesozoico map.
Below, you’ll see just the entrance to this Jurassic Park-esque attraction in Yara:
In this particular run, I found the FND commander and PG-240X in the visitor’s center all the way to the northeast.
After eliminating the hostiles, I grabbed the PG-240X from its storage.
Here’s where things get tricky:
- Because the contents of the PG-240X device are radioactive, the item will heat up while you stay out in the sun. You can check the temperature by holding “Q” and selecting it.
- If the temperature reaches a boiling point, it’ll explode and kill Dani. Louder and faster beeps will tell you if the item is getting too hot.
- As such, you need to use the shade (i.e., the treeline, statues, or other buildings), or find sources of water. You can interact with valves to pour water or crouch in shallow water to cool the device.
- Naturally, since the theme park is still crawling with soldiers, you have to take them out or avoid them. Your priority is to safely make your way out of the park.
Once you reach the extraction point in the Mesozoico Special Operation, Lola will radio in and tell you that she’s hit a snag. You’ll have to fight waves of enemy troops, and even a helicopter. There are still some sources of water here to help cool the device.
After finishing off all hostiles, you’ll complete the Far Cry 6 Special Operation and receive your rewards (i.e., Decontaminant Jacket). As mentioned earlier, subsequent runs will net you extra Moneda for Black Market purchases.
Continue Reading >>> Source link