Screenshot by PC Invasion
The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me is filled with numerous death scenes. Some might surprise you because they’d happen due to fateful choices you’ve made earlier in the game. Here’s our The Devil in Me guide to help you save Kate and Jamie in the Glass Trap.
Note: We’ll have a guides and features hub for The Devil in Me soon, so stay tuned. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
The Devil in Me guide – How to save Kate and Jamie in the Glass Trap
Before we discuss how to save Kate and Jamie in the Glass Trap in The Devil in Me, let’s talk about how you’d get to this point in the campaign:
- In the Director’s Suite chapter, Kate, Jamie, and Erin (if she survived) will find themselves in the Murder Castle’s control room.
- Jamie will decide to act as bait so Du’Met could be lured and trapped between two moving walls.
- Important: As Kate, you have to respond in a nervous manner so Jamie hands you the screwdriver.
- Important: As Jamie, make sure you pass all the QTEs while Du’Met is chasing you. If you fail once she’s sandwiched, Du’Met will stab her to death.
Eventually, Du’Met will corner the women, whereupon Kate and Jamie will end up in the Glass Trap. Control will shift to Jamie this time (at least that’s how it was in our playthrough). Soon, the walls will move toward Jamie’s side of the room, closing in very slowly. There’s a button that will reverse the direction of this contraption, but it will end up killing Kate if she does that.
Here’s what you need to know if you want to save both Kate and Jamie in the Glass Trap in The Devil in Me:
- Apologetic response – Jamie will press the button, and Kate will understand her reasons for it.
- Defiant response – This might be a better option, as Jamie will refuse to kill Kate. However, she’ll automatically press the button anyway, which causes Kate to cuss her out.
- Say nothing – This, too, will make Jamie automatically press the button.
Note 1: There seems to be a way for the player to control Jamie and have her not press it at all, which causes her to get crushed. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with Jamie’s personality, or her relationship with Kate.
Note 2: We do know that the only modifiers related to the Jamie-Kate dilemma is what you decide to do in the Suffocation Room. You have to “kill” Kate, otherwise, Erin would end up dead.
In our case, it didn’t really matter which responses I chose, since Jamie’s actions were automatic. The Glass Trap will end up moving toward Kate and it will kill her… unless she has the screwdriver.
If she was able to obtain it early on as mentioned, then the chapter suddenly fades to black just as the wall is squishing Kate’s face. You’ll then get a scene with the Curator, followed by Mark’s escape. The next time this location is shown, the screwdriver will break the glass completely, allowing Kate to survive.
Note: If you manage to let Jamie die here, you’ll receive the “Extinguished” achievement. Alternatively, the survival of both women nets you the “Shattering Expectations” achievement.
The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me is available via Steam.
Continue Reading >>> Source link