DC just celebrated Robin, and is now moving on to one of Batman’s greatest nemesis’. Yes, it’s Joker’s 80th, and he’s getting a special one-shot.
The clown prince of crime is having a pretty big time as of late. For starters, his movie (released last year) has become one of the most profitable films of all time for Warner Bros, and DC just announced a release date for Three Jokers, a book that’s been hotly anticipated for years.
But that’s not all for Mister J. Joker is also heading into a special event series called Joker War, set to play out in the Bat-books, and will have a celebratory ’80th anniversary’ one-shot as well.
That last book is what we’re addressing here, since DC just made the variant cover slate official. The book will have a mess of them, including the standard one with art from Greg Capullo.
The variants include:
- 1940s variant cover by Arthur Adams
- 1950s variant cover by David Finch and Steve Firchow
- 1960s variant cover by Francesco Mattina
- 1970s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
- 1980s variant cover by Bill Sienkiewicz
- 1990s variant cover by Gabriele Dell’Otto
- 2000s variant cover by Lee Bermejo
- 2010s variant cover by Jock
As for the book itself, that’s gonna be jammed as well. Expect stories from “Brian Azzarello, Lee Bermejo, Paul Dini, Denny O’Neil, Scott Snyder, Tom Taylor, Jock, José Luis García-López, Mikel Janín, James Tynion IV, Riley Rossmo, and more”.
Packed with 100 pages of content, The Joker 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 lands on the racks on April 29th. It’ll cost you $9.99 USD.
Continue Reading >>> Source link