Venom takes over Marvel’s covers this coming March.
Venom is back
Yep, he’s back alright, and in a big way. Not that he’s his old self really, as this new Venom isn’t Eddie Brock, and the symbiote is actually not all that fond of him. Apparently, its time fused to the heroic Flash Thompson changed it on a fundamental level.
Still though, as goes the host, so goes the costume. And so, Venom is very much back to being a villain. And the opening arc is building towards a pretty big moment too – the new Venom’s first encounter with Spider-Man.
“Mike and Gerardo have a lot up their sleeves and they’re just getting started,” says Associate Editor Devin Lewis. “Each issue ramps up the stakes, and March’s VENOM #5 is the biggest one yet. With a knock-down, drag-out fight with the one-and-only Spider-Man and a cliffhanger that’s definitely going to turn lots of heads.”
That’s gonna be a good one. If you’re a Spidey fan, it’s gotta be on your calendar already. But the month of March isn’t going to stop there, as Marvel has a bunch of variant crossover cover planned as well.
“One of the coolest things about Venom is getting to see the symbiote bond with other Marvel characters. Well, we’re taking that idea and dialing it up to eleven this March,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “Some of our top heroes are about to get a symbiote makeover, courtesy of the best artists in the business. Each of these mega-talented artists let their imaginations run wild, producing some truly fun (and frightening!) variant covers.”
SO, what books will be graced with a Venomized Variant? Scroll on…
- ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #18 by Francesco Mattina
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #25 by Dave Johnson
- AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #5 by Humberto Ramos
- AVENGERS #5 by David Marquez
- BLACK PANTHER #12 by Elizabeth Torque
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERS #13 by Tom Raney
- CHAMPIONS #6 by Mike Deodato
- DEADPOOL #28 by David Lopez
- DOCTOR STRANGE #18 by Tess Fowler
- GAMORA #4 by Stephanie Hans
- GHOST RIDER #5 by Dustin Weaver
- HULK #4 by Emmanuela Lupacchino
- INHUMANS PRIME #1 by Ryan Stegman
- INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #5 by Rick Leonardi
- KINGPIN #2 by Clayton Crain
- MAN-THING #1 by Stephanie Hans
- THE MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL #3 by Clayton Crain
- OCCUPY AVENGERS #5 by Paolo Siquera
- OLD MAN LOGAN #19 by Gustavo Duarte
- SPIDER-GWEN #18 by Sophie Campbell
- SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #15 by Dave Williams
- THANOS #5 by Rob Guillory
- THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #17 by Mike Choi
- THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL #18 by Kate Leth
- THE UNBELIEVABLE GWENPOOL #13 by Yasmine Putri
- X-MEN PRIME #1 by Kris Anka
Woo – that’s a whole mess to choose from if you’re a Venom nut. Fortunately, there’s only one ‘real’ Venom story in March, so you don’t really have to pick up all those books if you don’t want to.
Here’s a sneak peek at the visuals:
Continue Reading >>> Source link