The channel that’s already packed with things that go bump in the night brings you even more beasties with their returning show Monsters Underground.
As you might imagine from a show called Monsters Underground, the creatures being hunted in this particular monster-hunting program are of the cave-dwelling, underfoot variety. That’s a narrow band of beasts for the cast to take after, but one that Bill Brock, Jeremy Bates, Casey Onik, and Richard McGhee are all too happy to hunt.
For thousands of years, myth and folklore have warned of beasts that prowl the underworld. Now, Bill Brock, Jeremy Bates, Casey Onik, and Richard McGhee dare to trespass on their realm for the sake of discovering the truth, putting their lives on the line to venture deep under the earth’s surface. One wrong move could turn the cave into their tomb. But the most dangerous threat of all is the pitch-black darkness and the risk of coming face to face with a cave creature – such as the shape-shifting Aswang or the bat-like Olitiau – and not seeing it until it’s too late.
Not exactly reassuring… All in the life of a monster hunter though I suppose. Monsters Underground returns to TV this October the 10th at 10/9 central on Destination America with a mix of new and previously run episodes airing all throughout the rest of the month.
Here’s your official schedule so you don’t miss a single hunt:
- Shadow Mine Subterralien premieres Friday, October 10 at 10/9c Bill Brock and the team venture into the abandoned Shadow Mine in Calaveras County, California, to hunt the Subterralien, a possibly armed and hostile creature that might be more sophisticated than any they have hunted.
- Cross Creek Cavern Draco premieres Friday, October 10 at 10:30/9:30c The team travels to Northern California where a river cave called Cross Creek Cavern is believed to house a monster known as the Draco, a vicious lizard/human hybrid that lives beneath the surface of the dark waters.
- Apache Death Cave Aswang premieres Friday, October 17 at 10/9c Bill Brock and his team travel to Two Guns, Arizona, to the Apache Death Cave – the site of an infamous Native American massacre – in search of the Aswang, a legendary shape-shifting, vampiric creature that’s part dog and part human.
- Grand Canyon Caverns Rake premieres Friday, October 17 at 10:30/9:30c The team travels to Peach Springs, Arizona to a show cave called The Grand Canyon Caverns, to investigate a newly discovered section of the cave, unexplored by man but possibly hiding a murderous creature known as the Rake.
- Volcano Cavern Olitiau airs Friday, October 24 at 10/9c Previously aired on Discovery Channel In the maze that is Flagstaff, Arizona’s Volcano Caverns, Bill Brock and his team believe that a giant, deadly reptilian bat creature known as the Olitiau, or “cave demon” has made this cave its home.
- Graveyard Gulch Mapinguari airs Friday, October 24 at 10:30/9:30c Previously aired on Discovery Channel Bill Brock and his team suspect recent black bear deaths are due to the Mapinguari, a descendant of the giant prehistoric sloth. Together they travel to Graveyard Gulch, a treacherous cave in Northern California to hunt this deadly monster.
Continue Reading >>> Source link