March 10th brings Fire Emblem’s third path and an ex-Rare dev’s shoot-em-up (featuring David Wise’s musical talents).
Fans of Fire Emblem who’ve finished both Conquest and Birthright rejoice: Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation is here at last. The game features a balance of the two previous games, including compelling level design and the ability to grind your characters, and even gives you a larger army to boot. The third path will be available in-game for $19.99.
Star Ghost is a procedurally generated title from Rhys Lewis, a former Rare and Retro Studios developer. The game features a soundtrack by Nintendo-fan-favorite David Wise, who worked on the OST for the recent Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (which was, in this editor’s opinion, the highlight of that year’s soundtracks). The $8.99 title may just be worth it for that atmospheric soundtrack alone.
The Wii U Virtual Console sees the release of the two Mega Man Battle Network 6 titles, Cybeast Falzar and Cybeast Gregar, and the 3DS eShop gets first person shooter Blast ‘Em Bunnies and the demo to Bravely Second: End Layer, which features a bonus adventure not found in the main game.
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Star Ghost – Save the galaxy from the Metagons in this explosive shoot-’em-up by former Rare and Retro Studios developer Rhys Lewis.Star Ghost features procedurally generated levels, a unique control scheme and an atmospheric soundtrack from renowned composer David Wise. It is available exclusively in Nintendo eShop on Wii U. Click here to see the trailer.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 6 CYBEAST FALZAR and MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 6 CYBEAST GREGAR – After moving with his family to Cyber City, Lan, with the help of Mega Man, must intervene before an ancient creature of enormous power destroys the network and the world. Game content is the same for MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 6 CYBEAST FALZAR and MEGA MAN BATTLE NETWORK 6 CYBEAST GREGAR, but NetNavi chips and other items may differ.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Blast ’Em Bunnies – Blast ’Em Bunnies is an endless first-person shooter in which you must defend your rabbit burrow using fun new types of weapons and ammo. From Watermelon Machineguns firing sticky raspberries to Turnip Mortars firing explosive Pepper Bombs (which release heat-seeking chili seeds) you’d better get shooting those coins to buy all of the upgrades. Click here to see the trailer.
- BRAVELY SECOND: END LAYER DEMO The Ballad of the Three Cavaliers – Square Enix’s critically acclaimed Bravely Default game is all set to enjoy a much-lauded sequel, and you can try a portion of it right now, for free. In the BRAVELY SECOND: END LAYER DEMO The Ballad of the Three Cavaliers, you’ll return to the land of Luxendarc and embark on a bonus adventure not found in the main game. Make sure to try out different jobs during your adventure. Whether they’re formidable fighters and mages looking to test their skills, giant trolls with a chip on their shoulder or alien entities with a bent for drama, all of them pose a risky challenge … along with the irresistible promise of great rewards.
- New DLC
- Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation – This third path in the Fire Emblem Fates story reveals many secrets not available in the Birthright or Conquest versions. Players who own either Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright or Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest can purchase Revelation for $19.99 via the Dragon’s Gate in game. Once purchased, a third option will appear at the Branch of Fate moment of the game: “Refuse to Choose a Side.” Additional content will be released on a weekly basis through April 21 and is all part of Map Pack 1 available now for purchase.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- VoxelMaker is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 21.
- KEYTARI: 8-bit Music Maker is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 13 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 26.
- Test Your Mind is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) from 9 a.m. PT on March 11 until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 25.
- Christmas Adventure of Rocket Penguin is 20 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.59) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
- Art of Balance is 25 percent off (reduced from $8.99 to $6.70) until 8:59 a.m. PT on March 31.
- Mortar Melon and Plenty of Fishies from Nitrolic Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 30.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
New themes this week include:
Fire Emblem Fates : Two Kingdoms
Blast ’Em Bunnies : Zombies
Blast ’Em Bunnies : Western
Blast ’Em Bunnies : Ninjas
Blast ’Em Bunnies : Luchadors
Blast ’Em Bunnies Bundle
Also new this week:
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visithttp://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Continue Reading >>> Source link