The Age of Resistance begins as the Dark Crystal game arrives on the Switch, along with one of the greatest Football games ever.
Well it’s once again Super Bowl weekend, and that usually means one of two things. Either you’re heading to a party, and pumped for the game and/or commercials and big movie trailers, or you don’t care in the least.
If you’re of the former mindset, then you might be excited to see there’s one more thing you can add to that ‘big game’ party. The arcade version of Tecmo Bowl is at the line of scrimmage, and available now for the Switch.
Now, this is the arcade version of the game, so there are some big differences from what you might be used to. Namely, this one looks a heck of a lot better than the NES game did. There’s a downside though, and that’s that there are only two teams to play as, and they’re both fictional.
If that kills this one for you, then you might be happy to know that there’s another choice this week, in the headline game – The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.
A turn-based, tactical RPG, Age of Resistance is actually looking pretty good. I’m pretty sure it’s also the first game based on the property since 1983’s Atari title. So this one’s been a long time coming.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics – Lead a fledgling resistance of Gelfling against their oppressive overlords, the Skeksis, across more than 50 unique, turn-based tactics RPG battles. Along the way, you will recruit and customize new allies by assigning them jobs, modifying their abilities and outfitting them with equipment to ensure victory. The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics will be available on Feb. 4.
- Skellboy – Life was peaceful in the Cubold Kingdom until the king’s evil court magician got dumped by the princess. With his heart broken and his rage fueled, he called upon the evil spirits to resurrect the dead and the kingdom’s long-forgotten monstrosities. This action-RPG will truly test your skill as you explore the interconnected world of Cubold to a soundtrack of rocking chiptune songs.
- Byleth Joins the Fight in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Teach your opponents a lesson in discipline! Byleth, the skilled mercenary and tactician from the Fire Emblem series, enters battle as the newest playable character in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game. Byleth’s unique ranged play style enables a new host of combat strategies in the game. The purchase of Byleth’s Challenger Pack* for $5.99 also includes the Garreg Mach Monastery stage and 11 newly added music tracks from the Fire Emblem series.
- Six New Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Available for Pre-Purchase – The ultimate celebration of legendary video game characters keeps growing! Fighters Pass Vol. 2*, which will include six more Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighters currently under development, is now available for pre-purchase for only $29.99. Players will get access to six more yet-to-be-announced Challenger Packs as they release, which will each include one new fighter, one stage and multiple music tracks. Those who purchase Fighters Pass Vol. 2 will also receive an exclusive costume for Mii Swordfighter, the Ancient Soldier Gear from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game, available for use in-game now!
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
*Full version of game required to use DLC; sold separately.
Continue Reading >>> Source link