It’s a very nice week indeed for Nintendo gamers as Darkest Dungeon, Lost Sphere, Double Dragon and others hit the eShop.
After a few weeks of very little in the way of new titles on Nintendo machines, gamers are finally getting to dig into some new releases. This week sees both large and small game launches on the Switch and 3DS, including a few names you no doubt know.
But while most people are probably most excited to see stuff like Darkest Dungeon (which does look good), I’m pumped for an arcade classic. A part of Nintendo’s Arcade Archives program, this week we get to play a true classic in the form of Double Dragon.
And this is the arcade DD no less. That’s right, there’s no watered down NES version here. I haven’t played this version of Billy and Jimmy’s adventures in… well, let’s just say it’s been a while. So you better believe I’m going to be getting this one.
But what about you? What hits the right chord with you?
Here’s the full list of what’s new:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- LOST SPHEAR – The adventure of LOST SPHEAR begins in a remote town of Elgarthe, where a young boy, Kanata, awakens from a devastating dream to find his hometown disappearing. To stop the world from disappearing forever, Kanata and his comrades set out to rebuild the world, mustering different Memory and crafting the world around them. The LOST SPHEAR game launches on Jan. 23.
- Darkest Dungeon – Darkest Dungeon is a challenging, gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring. Recruit, train and lead a team of flawed heroes against unimaginable horrors, stress, famine, disease and the ever-encroaching dark. Can you keep your heroes together when all hope is lost?
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Kirby Battle Royale – Kirby is entering a tournament against his toughest rival yet … himself! One to four players can fight in local or online battles (additional games and accessories required; sold separately). Pick from more than 10 abilities and 10 battle types to compete in countless matchups. Hoard treasure in Ore Express, knock out opponents in Slam Hockey and shoot missiles in Robo Bonkers. There’s a single-player story mode, too! The Kirby Battle Royale game launches on Jan. 19. A free demo version of the game is available now for download in Nintendo eShop. Game in 2D.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Expansion Pass: New Quests Pack 1
- Passion of the Artisan (Quest available in Chapter 2)
- M.I.A. Nopon (Quest available in Chapter 3)
- Industrial Sort of Tour (Quest available in Chapter 5)
- Midnight Feasting (Quest available in Chapter 7)
- The Lone Watchman (Quest available in Chapter 10)
- Expansion Pass: Helpful Items Pack 3
- Driver Essentials Set 2: Rare Core Crystal x10, Legendary Core Crystal x1, Overdrive Protocol x1
- Tora’s Favorite Thing: Juicy Samod x3
- Poppi α’s Favorite Thing: Fizz Juice x3
- Charming Driver Gear: Auto-Balancer x1
Buy the Expansion Pass to gain access to new content, including the above packs and a new story in Fall 2018! To learn more, visit the official Xenoblade Chronicles 2 site.
Also new this week:
Continue Reading >>> Source link