A couple of solid releases highlight this week’s Nintendo Download, with Boomerang X, Monster Hunter Stories 2, and Raiden from the Arcade Archives.
Not too shabby this week Nintendo. Not too shabby at all. There’s a nice spread of games hitting the Switch, almost shaking out to be a little something for everyone. Almost.
First and foremost is Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. The newest game in the MH series, MHS2 is a turn-based RPG that sounds like it digs deep into the lore of the Monster Hunter universe. Could be a good one, not to mention a nice change of pace for fans of the franchise.
Following up on that is Boomerang X, which looks completely insane. We’ll actually have a review of it shortly, but Boomerang X is more or less an arcade-style platformer played in first person.
Also notable this week is Arcade Archives Raiden, the latest release of that shooter classic, and the cloud version of A Plague Tale. If you have a good (and stable) internet connection, you might want to check that out.
Here’s the full listing of what’s coming up:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: Wings of Ruin – A new adventure awaits you in this second installment of the turn-based RPG series set in the world of MONSTER HUNTER! Become a Rider and form bonds with friendly monsters to fight alongside them as you take part in an epic story. You play as the grandson of Red, a legendary Rider. The story begins with a fateful encounter with Ena, a Wyverian girl who has been entrusted with an egg with the potential to hatch into a legendary Rathalos, which could wreak havoc if awakened to its destructive power. Embark on a journey which will test the bonds of friendship in a changing world, and discover the truth behind the legends of old. MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: Wings of Ruin will be available on July 9.
- Boomerang X – In this action-filled arcade game, catapult yourself through the air, use the power drawn from fallen creatures to slow time and cut through the swarms of dark beings with a razor-edge boomerang. Travel through once bustling locales, sacrificed to hide a myth, and descend the Godpath into the lost realms below. Cleanse these halls and ensure that whatever lies beneath doesn’t come back.
- The Battle Between Ice and Flame Continues – In the Fire Emblem Heroes game* for smart devices, the Tempest Trials+ event, Ice & Flame 1, is currently underway. The event depicts what happened to Fjorm after the events of Book II, so be sure to explore all the lore, and check out this Chibi Playhouse video for a look back at some of the highlights of Book II. You can also unlock some big rewards by playing, including five-star Special Hero Norne: Seaside Volunteer, by earning a score of 15,000 or an Infantry Rush 1 Sacred Seal with a score of 20,000. If you need some anthemic music to motivate you as you charge into battle for those big-ticket rewards, you can check out Fjorm’s song, “Flower of Ice,” performed by Cristina Vee Valenzuela.
- The Newest Inside Indie World Newsletter Hot Off the Presses! – Did you know that Nintendo has its very own newsletter dedicated to indie games? In each issue of the Inside Indie World Newsletter you’ll get to read about some of the latest games headed to the Nintendo Switch system from developers all over the world. The newest issue launches today and it features insights from the developers of the upcoming Skul: The Hero Slayer, as well as insider tips and tricks from the creators of Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield and Dead Cells – Fatal Falls. Plus, it contains a retrospective about the Shovel Knight series in honor of the franchise’s seventh anniversary, interviews with the creative minds behind UnderMine and Signs of the Sojourner, and a wide slate of enticing indie games headed your way soon on Nintendo Switch. Click here to check out the digital newsletter!
- A Wild Encounter With a Fierce amiibo Prize Pack – Attention MONSTER HUNTER fans! My Nintendo is giving away an epic MONSTER HUNTER prize pack to 10 lucky winners in the My Nintendo Ultimate MONSTER HUNTER amiibo Sweepstakes #1 – enter today!** For more information, please visit https://my.nintendo.com/news/125831be337454c4.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
* Free-to-start; optional in-game purchases available. Persistent Internet and compatible smartphone required. Data charges may apply.
** NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the United States, District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 13 years old or older. Sweepstakes begins 10:00 AM PT on 7/7/2021 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on 8/7/2021. To enter, you must (1) have a Nintendo Account; (2) visit https://my.nintendo.com/reward_categories/sweepstake; (3) sign in to your Nintendo Account, and (4) redeem 10 Platinum Points per entry at the My Nintendo™ Ultimate Monster Hunter amiibo™ Sweepstakes #1 page as stated in Official Rules. There will be ten (10) winners. Each winner will receive fifteen (15) Monster Hunter themed amiibo figures (ARV between $19.99 and $24.99 each) and one Monster Hunter themed poster set (ARV $49.95). Total ARV of each prize: $370.80 USD. Total ARV of all prizes: $3,708.00 USD. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Details and restrictions apply. For Official Rules, visit https://nintendo.com/rules/MyNintendo_Ultimate_Monster_Hunter_amiibo_1_Official_Sweepstakes_rules. Sponsor: Nintendo of America Inc., 4600 150th Avenue NE, Redmond, WA 98052.
Continue Reading >>> Source link