Divinity: Original Sin 2, Deadly Premonition, NBA 2K20, Blasphemous, the freaking virtual SNES and more are hitting or have already hit the Switch.
More virtual fun
Oh it is a nice week for Nintendo fans. There are piles of new games landing on the Switch this week. And that includes some that were just announced at the Nintendo Direct yesterday (see our full coverage).
Aside from the big new releases though, there’s something else available as of today that might be even more important. Of course, I’m talking about the new SNES virtual console.
A surprise in and of itself, the SNES VC is in full bloom today, and includes a total of 20 games. That’s just as many (well, almost) as was included in the SNES Classic console, and these you’re getting effectively as a bonus for subscribing to the Switch’s online service.
The SNES will not be replacing the NES VC either, so you’ll have access to both if you’ve bought in to the service. As of this writing, it’s not up just yet, but Nintendo says that it will be playable today at some point. So stay tuned I guess.
As for the rest, scroll down for that.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 – This critically beloved and fan-favorite role-playing game is now available on the Nintendo Switch system. With the power of Nintendo Switch, players can slay monsters and unleash magic with up to three other friends* at home or on the go.
- Deadly Premonition Origins – The original open-world survival horror game is now on Nintendo Switch. If you’ve never experienced the cult classic, now you can play it at home, on the go or while drinking coffee in a remote hotel in the woods.
- Super Kirby Clash – To defeat bosses this wicked, it’ll take a whole team of Kirbys! In this free-to-start multiplayer* action game, you can choose from four unique Roles and join up to three other players to take down tough bosses. Puff up your power by crafting weapons and spending materials at the Shoppe to receive even MORE weapons, not to mention armor and items. Pass a Joy-Con controller to a friend to play locally, and if you have a Nintendo Switch Online membership, you can even play online**.
- DAEMON X MACHINA Prologue Demo – This new action-mech game launches on Sept. 13, but players that want to take those powerful mechs for a spin can now try out the free demo version of the game. In the Prologue demo, players will pilot their mechs through the beginning of the game, and all progress earned will carry over to the main game, once purchased. A key feature of the demo is the ability to play in local co-op mode with up to four players (additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode; sold separately).
- NBA 2K20 – NBA 2K has evolved into much more than a basketball simulation. 2K continues to redefine what’s possible in sports gaming with the NBA 2K20game, featuring best-in-class graphics and gameplay, ground-breaking game modes and unparalleled player control and customization. Plus, with its immersive open-world Neighborhood, the NBA 2K20 game is a platform for gamers and ballers to come together and create what’s next in basketball culture. The NBA 2K20game will be available on Sept. 6.
- Creature in the Well – The Creature in the Well game is a top-down, pinball-inspired, hack-and-slash dungeon crawler. As the last remaining BOT-C unit, venture deep into a desert mountain to restore power to an ancient facility, haunted by a desperate Creature. Uncover and upgrade powerful gear in order to free the city of Mirage from a deadly sandstorm. The Creature in the Well game will be available on Sept. 6.
- Risk of Rain 2 – No run will ever be the same with randomized stages, enemies, bosses and items. Play solo, or team up with up to four friends online** to fight through hordes of monsters, unlock new loot and find a way to escape the planet. Additional survivors, stages, items, enemies and features are still in active development and will be added in multiple free content updates.
- Blasphemous – A foul curse has fallen upon the land of Cvstodia and all its inhabitants – it is simply known as The Miracle. Play as The Penitent One, a sole survivor of the massacre of the “Silent Sorrow.” Trapped in an endless cycle of death and rebirth, it’s down to you to free the world from this terrible fate and reach the origin of your anguish. The Blasphemous game will be available on Sept. 10.
Nintendo Switch Online
Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online – Super NES games are now on Nintendo Switch – and they are free for anyone who has a Nintendo Switch Online membership!
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario Kart
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Super Metroid
- Stunt Race FX (The first time it has appeared on another system outside of its original Super NES release!)
- Kirby’s Dream Land 3
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
- Star Fox
- Kirby’s Dream Course
- BRAWL BROTHERS
- Breath of Fire
- Demon’s Crest
- Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
- SUPER E.D.F. EARTH DEFENSE FORCE
- Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
- Super Puyo Puyo 2
- Super Soccer
- Super Tennis
All of these Super NES games can be played with online functionality with Nintendo Switch Online, including multiplayer gameplay in select games and voice chat via the Nintendo Switch Online app**. Suspend points and an easy-to-use Rewind feature that lets players replay sections of the game will also be available at launch. Additional Super NES games will be added to the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online collection in the future. To access the games, Nintendo Switch owners must have a membership to the Nintendo Switch Online service.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
Continue Reading >>> Source link