What is this, Valentine’s? No, Nintendo is referring to Minecraft Dungeons with the title of this week’s Nintendo Download. It’s out next week.
Plumbing the depths
Probably not one of the more hotly anticipated games heading to Nintendo’s Switch, yet pretty cool looking really, is Minecraft Dungeons. The crawler diverges from the main Minecraft series in that it’s not about building anything, but adventuring through the dark and scary places in the Minecraft universe.
Not to worry if the aesthetic kills it for you though, as there is more this week. First, the virtual SNES and NES that come with a Nintendo Online subscription both get their latest titles. Those include Wild Guns, Rygar, and more.
Then, Mortal Kombat 11 gets the premium Aftermath expansion pack. That one was detailed here if you’d like to see what’s what with it, and is essentially paid DLC to add onto your copy of the base game.
Past that, there’s of course the usual assortment of smaller releases, most of which I assume you’ve never heard of. Though, I’m pretty sure you’ve heard of one of them at least, since it’s Myst. Well, it’s realMyst, the remastered version of the classic PC title.
All of that and lots more in the full list below.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Minecraft Dungeons – Fight your way through a new action-adventure game inspired by classic dungeon crawlers and set in the Minecraft universe! Brave the dungeons alone or team up with friends*. Up to four players** can battle together through action-packed, treasure-stuffed, wildly varied levels – all in an epic quest to save the villagers and take down the evil Arch-Illager. Minecraft Dungeons will be available on May 26.
- WHAT THE GOLF? – An award-winning, silly physics-based golf parody in which every golf course is a new surprising type of golf. Some are brilliant and hilarious, while others are so absurd they will make you go: WHAT THE GOLF? Bring your car to the Driving Range, golf a bird to get a Birdy or a house and get a Home In One. You can even challenge a friend to the least realistic golf game ever made in the new local party mode for two.
Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online*
- Wild Guns – The Kid gang and their army of robots have taken over! Blast your way through villainous outlaws, diabolical robots and towering, screen-filling bosses. Fortunately, you’ve got plenty of moves to help you survive the firepower headed your way. You’ll need a sharp eye and quick-on-the-draw reflexes to survive on your own. Or team up with a friend and go out blazing in two-player co-op.
- Panel de Pon – As the stack of puzzle pieces rises, think fast to match panels and set off cascading chain reactions and combos. You’ll have to make strategic choices quickly to counteract the relentless competitor attacks from above. A selection of single-player and two-player modes and options provides escalating action and zippy fun. This title originally launched for the Super Famicom in 1995, but this is the first time this version of the game will be available in the U.S. Though this title was never translated into English, it may seem familiar!
- Operation Logic Bomb – Agent Logan has been fitted with bioelectronic implants that grant him superior strength, reflexes and analytical abilities. He’s been charged with a mission to save the Subspace Particle Transfer Project. Now it’s up to him to infiltrate, neutralize the intruders and rescue the scientists in a top-down shooter with giant bosses and frenzied action that doesn’t let up.
Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online*
- Rygar – An old legend proclaimed, “When the peaceful land is covered with evil spirits, a brave soldier will be brought to life from the dead.” Luckily, Rygar, the mythical hero from Argus, has arrived in order to defeat the evil king Ligar and his army of dangerous beasts. Join forces with Rygar for a hybrid action-adventure game with a distinct blend of platforming and role-playing elements!
- Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath*** – Continue the critically acclaimed Mortal Kombat 11 storyline in a new adventure. Fragile alliances are tested and the fate of two worlds hang in the balance. Now is the time to forge a new history. This DLC also includes three new playable fighters: Sheeva, Fujin and Robocop. New players can purchase the Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Collection, which includes the base game and the Aftermath DLC. In the original Mortal Kombat 11 cinematic story, take on the role of Earthrealm’s protectors as a menacing new foe bends the forces of time, threatening to turn the tide and rewrite their own dark history.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- Ailment – Available May 27
- Animal Up! – Available May 22
- Aqua Lungers
- Arcade Archives RADICAL RADIAL
- Arrest of a stone Buddha
- Black Jack
- Concept Destruction – Available May 22
- Knight Swap 2
- Lost Artifacts: Time Machine
- Monster Prom: XXL
- Monstrum – Available May 22
- Pushy and Pully in Blockland
- realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
- Red Wings: Aces of the Sky
- Skelly Selest & Straimium Immortaly Double Pack
- Steel Rain
- The House of Da Vinci 2
- The Persistence
- Water Balloon Mania
*Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
**Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.
***Full version of game required to use DLC. Sold separately.
Continue Reading >>> Source link