In A Plague Tale: Requiem, you play as kids trying their best to survive in a war-torn Medieval Era France. While there are ways to take on hostile soldiers and bandits, it’s often best to look for other means. Here’s our stealth guide for A Plague Tale: Requiem to help you sneak around to get past opponents and avoid confrontations.
Note: We’ll have a guides and features hub for A Plague Tale: Requiem soon, so stay tuned.
A Plague Tale: Requiem – Stealth guide
A Plague Tale: Requiem, at its core, is a stealth game, though most of the mechanics are fairly basic. The gist is that you’ll want to crouch behind obstacles/in tall grass, or crawl under certain objects (i.e., beds, tables, or carts), if you want don’t want to get spotted. Light sources and darkness aren’t considered, as enemies still have a chance of seeing you even in nighttime levels.
Causing distractions and countering
Here are some tidbits concerning stealth in A Plague Tale: Requiem, as well as what happens when enemies are alerted of your presence:
- Enemies will have an grey outline above their heads. This will fill up the more suspicious they become. If it turns yellow, that means they’re suspicious and will begin searching the area. If red, that means you’ve already aggroed them.
- If hostiles are patrolling or standing around, look for a cart with metal wares. Throwing a rock will cause a loud clang that will distract a nearby opponent.
- In some sections, you or a companion will have access to a throwable item that acts like a flashbang.
A bit later in the game, Hugo will gain the ability to ping the area by holding the “Q” key. This reveals the outlines of nearby soldiers. Shortly thereafter, you’ll even get to control rat swarms.
- While Amicia’s slingshot can kill a soldier that’s not wearing a helmet, the sound of it being whirled around can be heard. If you don’t want to be detected, you’ll need a slingshot upgrade from the workbench.
- Amicia can sneak behind unarmored soldiers and do a stealth kill. However, the noise and grunts made by guards can still be heard.
- Use the rats to your advantage. If a soldier is walking around with a torch in hand, you can throw Extinguis (i.e., smoke grenade) to put out the fire, making the rats eat the hapless fighter and giving you a clear path ahead.
- Some levels require you to reach an exit door. If enemies are aggroed and are close behind, you won’t be able to open the door at all. You’ll need to eliminate them or run further away and hide until they’ve disengaged.
- If Amicia is confronted by an enemy, you’ll have a prompt to counter them once they’re close enough. But, most of the time, Amicia will either get kicked (i.e., melee troops), or they’ll shoot an arrow/throw a javelin (i.e., archers and skirmishers). Your screen will flash grey to signify that you’re in danger. If an enemy attempts to hit you again, you’ll likely get killed.
- Some elite enemies (i.e., large armored knights) or bosses will kill you outright if you get hit.
A Plague Tale: Requiem is available via Steam.
Continue Reading >>> Source link