There’s a lot of great looking action in the newest Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath trailer, including newcomers Fujin, Sheeva, and Robocop.
Oh, hi ED
For those who are not in the know about what’s happening with MK11’s DLC moving forward, it’s actually pretty awesome. Instead of just doing another Kombat Pack of fighters, the game’s story is getting an expansion pack.
That comes in the form of Aftermath. Shang Tsung is back to his old tricks here, for a time-spanning adventure with newcomers Fujin and Sheeva. But then there’s also… Robocop? It doesn’t seem like he’s too tied into the actual story and is pretty much just a new character. From the looks of him in this new trailer though, he’s a damn cool new character.
Oh, and he brought a friend with him.
- Fujin is the God of Wind and serves the Elder Gods alongside his brother, Raiden, as a Protector of Earthrealm. First playable in Mortal Kombat 4, he’s adept at inspiring goodness and heroism to conquer the forces of hatred and tyranny and fights to ensure Earthrealm’s bright future. The immortal Fujin uses his sword and crossbow in combat and unleashes his powers as a God through a variety of wind-manipulating attacks to control his weapons, his movements and even his adversaries.
- Sheeva is the four-armed, half-human, half-dragon queen of Outworld’s ancient Shokan race. First playable in Mortal Kombat 3, the powerful Shokan warrior leads her people in the quest to attain their rightful place as partners in Outworld’s rule. The male Shokan once scoffed when Sheeva entered the contest to become their next leader, but after a resounding victory, she proved herself to be superior and was crowned the first queen of the Shokan. The heavy hitting, master brawler employs her grappling fighting style to take down enemies and uses her faithful shield and unblockable teleport stomp to strike fear into the hearts of anyone who might oppose her.
- RoboCop, formerly known as Alex Murphy, was a dutiful police officer who was brutally executed by a local gang. Brought back to life through OCP technology, Murphy was transformed into RoboCop, a highly advanced cybernetic police officer designed to uphold the law and protect the innocent. Now making his debut in the Mortal Kombat franchise, RoboCop has received a few upgrades and enters into battles equipped with a deadly arsenal of weapons, including his Auto 9 pistol. He also employs a flamethrower, riot shield and shoulder cannon that he can load with various types of ammunition to apprehend any Kombatants who stand in his way. RoboCop in Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermathfeatures the voice and likeness of actor Peter Weller, who portrayed the popular character in both the original “RoboCop” (1987) film and “RoboCop 2” (1990) sequel.
Enter the new tournament
Aftermath begins on May 26th for all versions of Mortal Kombat 11. There are a few different ways for you to buy in. First, there’s the all-encompassing $59.99 USD Aftermath Kollection. That includes not only the expansion, but also the base MK11 game, and the Kombat Pack (with Spawn, Terminator, etc…). So if you don’t have MK11 in any form already, this might be your best option.
Then there’s the Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath + Kombat Pack Bundle for $49.99. That one gets you the game and the Aftermath expansion, but no Kombat Pack.
And finally, if you have the game already and all you want is Aftermath, you have the third option. That’s the Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath expansion pack which is $39.99 USD.
- franchise-first story expansion
- three new playable characters
- three character skin packs (incl. three skins each) to be released over time
- “Thanks a Million” Johnny Cage skin
All of the above is available for digital pre-order right now. And if you do pre-order it for your platform of choice, then you’re in for a little bonus in the form of the Eternal Klash Skin Pack.
That pre-order freebie will net you ““Unbound Rage” Scorpion inspired by Mortal Kombat (2011), “Son of Arctika” Sub-Zero inspired by Mortal Kombat: Deceptionand “Kori Power” Frost, a Klassic version of the Lin Kuei warrior.”
Continue Reading >>> Source link