SNK fans who game on the PC are in for a nice time this summer. The publisher has teamed with Twitch Prime for a whole bunch of giveaways.
Now that’s Prime
Do you like SNK games? Of course you do. Do you like free games? Going to say that that’s probably a ‘yes’ too. Now the big question – are you a PC gamer? Well, if you are, then oh my are you in for some cool stuff.
That’s because regular giver-awayer of free games Twitch Prime has teamed up with the aforementioned icon of gaming to supply you with stuff to play over the summer of ’20. Depending on just how much longer we’re all locked away, that’s a great thing indeed.
All you have to do to take part in the promo, other than have a PC that can run this stuff, is be a Twitch Prime (or Amazon Prime) subscriber. That’s it.
As for the promotion itself, it’s actually to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the NEO GEO arcade system. A true star of the 90s right there. As hinted at above, this isn’t a skimpy giveaway by any account.
There will be a total of 20 free games handed out, which will be split into three content drops. And lest you think that this is taking the place of the usual monthly freebies that Twitch Prime offers now, think again. Those will keep on rolling too.
As for the SNK stuff though, here’s what’s first
- Art of Fighting 2 – In the second installment of the renowned Art of Fighting trilogy, players compete as one of 12 fighters for the coveted title of King of Fighters
- Blazing Star – Released in 1998, this shoot ‘em up side scroller and spiritual sequel to the acclaimed Neo Geo shooter Pulstar lets players pilot incredible aircraft across a number of dangerous missions, filled with enemies aiming to take them down
- Fatal Fury Special – This 1993 arcade classic is an updated version of the acclaimed Fatal Fury 2, expanding the original character roster to 15 playable fighters and introducing new gameplay changes such as the all-new combo system
- The King of Fighters 2000 – In the second chapter in the legendary King of Fighters Nests Saga, players must take down the secret Nests society to stop their evil ambitions and bring peace
- The King of Fighters 2002 – This fan-favorite title was released in 2002 and features the epic return of the series’ 3-on-3 battle system, along with a number of popular characters from the franchise
- Pulstar – Released back in 1995, this groundbreaking arcade game was the first SNK release to use pre-rendered graphics and if often regarded as among the best-looking shoot ‘em up games for the NEOGEO system
- Samurai Shodown II – Battle against 15 of the world’s fiercest warriors in this fun fencing fighting game first launched back in 1994
Continue Reading >>> Source link