The first Kombat Pack for Mortal Kombat 11 has been officially revealed. The trailer showcased some known quantities, and a few big surprises.
So this is a bit of a surprise. Yes, Spawn was officially confirmed today for MK11, and we also got to see a little bit more of Shang Tsung, Sindel, and Night Wolf. But the new trailer for the first MK11 Kombat Pack also showed off a few big shockers.
First is DC Comics’ Joker, which totally came out of left field, not that Arnie didn’t. Portrayed by Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mortal Kombat 11 will get the T-800 model Terminator as seen in the newest movie in the series Dark Fate.
- The Terminator T-800 from “Terminator: Dark Fate” is a cyborg assassin, sent back in time from a post-apocalyptic future. He is nearly indestructible and possesses superior technology, fighting skills and artificial intelligence capabilities making him the ultimate killing machine. The Terminator T-800 in Mortal Kombat™ 11 will feature the likeness of actor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- DC’s The Joker is one of the greatest Super-Villains of all time and a popular culture icon. Ruthless, incredibly dangerous and reveling in creating chaos, The Joker brings a deadly and unpredictable combat style to Mortal Kombat™ 11.
I’m a little meh on Joker. If NetherRealm was going to use a DC character, I’d have rather seen something a little more horror-based like Necron or Trigon… or maybe even John Constantine. I’m actually feeling the same about the Terminator.
I know the decision to use the older Arnold is probably due to Dark Fate, but I’d have rather seen the T-800 in his prime, as he appeared in Terminator 2. Not that it’s not still cool to have a Terminator, I’m just picking.
We’re not going to be getting some of these characters for a while either. Shang Tsung and Night Wolf are out now, but the rest of the releases are spread out quite a bit, into next March.
Check out the official release calendar below:
- Terminator T-800 – 8th October 2019 early access
- Sindel – 26th November 2019 early access
- The Joker – 28th January 2020 early access
- Spawn – 17th March 2020 early access
Continue Reading >>> Source link