Camp facilities are a mechanic that you’ll want to prioritize in Far Cry 6. With the foreman NPC, you’ll gain access to the construction desk. Then, you’ll be able to build new structures that provide upgrades and perks for your revolution. Here’s our Far Cry 6 guide to help you with the camp facilities and construction desk upgrades.
Note: For more information, check out our Far Cry 6 guides and features hub.
Far Cry 6 guide: Camp Facilities and Construction Desk upgrades
The construction desk and camp facilities won’t be available at the start of your Far Cry 6 campaign. Instead, you need to progress further until you can visit one of the three main regions in Yara (i.e., Madrugada, Valle de Oro, and El Este). Each region has an operation/main mission that will introduce you to the leaders of the rebel factions therein. After completing the key objectives, you’ll have access to the main guerrilla base. This is when you’ll see the foreman (hammer icon) who’ll let you access the construction desk/camp facilities buildings and upgrades.
To clarify, there are six camp facilities that you can build. However, each main base can only have two. Also, upgrading camp facilities can be very costly when you’re just starting out. Each building and all subsequent upgrades require various resources (i.e., metals, gasoline, and medicine). As such, we really need to plan ahead. The way I’ve listed these construction desk buildings implies my suggestions on what you should prioritize.
Priority 1: Hideout Network
The reason why we want to have the Hideout Network as our first camp facility in Far Cry 6 is that it lets us purchase maps that reveal the locations of other guerrilla camps. We’ll have additional fast travel points instantly. Likewise, these spots, much like captured bases and checkpoints, will spawn NPCs who’ll tell you of several military targets and points of interest. You can fast travel to the same place over and over and talk to these NPCs to discover more areas on the world map.
Moreover, it lets us use the Wingsuit. This will significantly cut down on travel times since we’ll be able to zip through the air with ease when using the airdrop action.
Here are the bonuses from the next upgrade tiers:
- Enhanced Hideout Network – Vehicles near each hideout; a supply cache that gets replenished each day.
- Perfected Hideout Network – Supremo recharge on entry; a more valuable supply cache.
The supply cache is unbelievably awesome to have. With it, you can visit every guerrilla camp that you’ve discovered every daily reset. The caches themselves will net you lots of materials, including some of the rarer variants (i.e., industrial circuits and industrial composites).
Priority 2: Bandidos Barracks
In the first region that you visit, build a Hideout Network followed by the Bandidos Barracks. The default perk allows us to enlist more recruits for Los Bandidos missions, and an NPC will appear to sell gear pieces. This is a great way to complete your standard/non-unique armor collection in Far Cry 6.
Subsequent upgrades also grant powerful perks for recruitment:
- Enhanced Bandidos Barracks – Advanced gear for sale; more recruits when you rescue hostages or deface posters; Los Bandidos orders have a higher success rate.
- Perfected Bandidos Barracks – Specialist gear for sale; increased Los Bandidos success rate; Special Operations from Lola will grant recruits; talking to NPCs might grant recruits.
Priority 3: Hunter’s Lodge
There are several reasons to build and upgrade the Hunter’s Lodge as a camp facility in Far Cry 6:
- Each tier grants you unique weapons such as the El Capirote bow, Ciervo Macho shotgun, and El Depredador sniper rifle.
- You can purchase maps to show additional hunting grounds, including those for mythical beasts.
- It helps you when hunting animals, and their pelts can be exchanged for materials.
- The tougher/unique creatures that you take out provide skins/pelts for the Primal armor set.
- Upgrades let you kill animals with guns and explosions without ending up with damaged meat.
Priority 4: Guerrilla Garrison
The Guerrilla Garrison camp facility in Far Cry 6 gives NPCs better weapons. Unfortunately, you won’t really need their help that much, especially since they’re just guarding checkpoints or roaming the countryside. Still, you can construct this building to have an NPC that sells additional standard weapons.
Priority 5: Fishing Hut
The Fishing Hut is similar to the Hunter’s Lodge in that it allows you to purchase maps. But, of course, you’d see fishing spots instead. You’ll also gain Angler armor pieces from upgrades. Personally, I never really enjoyed fishing in video games, so this is really your call if you want to prioritize it.
Priority 6: La Cantina
The La Cantina building and upgrades simply provide new recipes that can be cooked in campfires/pots in guerrilla hideouts. They’ll grant you buffs that last for an hour or so. Sadly, you can complete Far Cry 6 without even bothering with food buffs.
Continue Reading >>> Source link