Say Cheese is one of the achievements you can obtain in The Devil in Me. It involves Mark’s usage of his camera, and a bit of luck so that you’ve got your pals around. Here’s our The Devil in Me Say Cheese achievement guide to help you take photos of all crew members as Mark.
Note: We’ll have a guides and features hub for The Devil in Me soon, so stay tuned. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
The Devil in Me Say Cheese achievement guide – How to take photos of all crew members and characters
The Say Cheese achievement in The Devil in Me involves taking photos of all crew members while controlling Mark. That means there are three key factors:
- Mark is a playable character in that chapter.
- You must have full control so the camera can be used. It won’t be possible if Mark’s just part of a conversation cutscene.
- The other characters must remain alive until such time that Mark can take pictures of them.
Moreover, if you want to get the Say Cheese achievement in The Devil in Me, you’ll need to be aware of a key moment during the Plan chapter. Mark will fall down a chute, and his camera will get snagged. Once he drops down the basement, you need to press the correct QTE button to grab hold of the camera. Otherwise, it’ll plunge down a vat of acid and it’ll be lost forever. Also, shortly thereafter, you’ll see a camera lens on top of a shelf. Mark can use his tripod to reach it.
Mark and Kate have several scenes together. These include the Scouting and Mannequins chapters.
Erin and Charlie
Both characters need to stay alive until you reach the Lighthouse. In Erin’s case:
- Blackout: Take the inhaler and don’t attack Du’Met.
- Various chapters: Don’t use the inhaler when prompted.
- Silver Ash: Hide inside the closet.
- Breathless: Choose to “kill” Kate in the Suffocation Room.
- Maze: Once the group reaches the farmhouse, run and barge through the door instead of climbing up the incline.
As for Charlie:
- Ignition: Open the grate twice.
- Waste Disposal: Pass the QTEs and minigames so Charlie doesn’t get grinded down to bits.
- Cliffside: Complete the “Don’t Breathe” minigame while hiding in the curing vat.
- Cliffside: Gingerly make your way across the wooden plank.
- Lighthouse: Side with Charlie and don’t tie him up. This means you’ll have to reload your save if you want to get the Guilty achievement.
All the above will ensure that both Erin and Charlie will enter the lighthouse alongside Mark. After checking the fake tape recorder upstairs, you can use Mark’s camera to take photos of the two characters.
This one, unfortunately, has me stumped. To be clear, Jamie is the only crew member for The Devil in Me‘s Say Cheese achievement who doesn’t share a chapter where Mark is playable.
Still, there are a couple of key scenes where they’re together: Spa and Breathless. However, you control Jamie here. As such, there’s no way to take a photo of her. It might be possible if you’re playing co-op, or once the Director’s Cut playthrough is available, but I’m not 100% certain yet.
The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me is available via Steam.
Continue Reading >>> Source link