November will be a packed month for Marvel’s comics lineup. Absolute Carnage winds down and there are a few interesting #1’s.
The end and a few beginnings
Yes, it’s going to be an interesting penultimate month to 2019 for Marvel fans. Absolute Carnage will see its final issue, and the new Scream standalone series will kick off. But there’s more than symbiotic mayhem on tap.
Marvel’s rejuvenated mutant series’ will also be seeing its biggest month so far. Second issues of Marauders, Excalibur, and X-Men will all arrive. That’s not all though, as New Mutants, X-Force, and Fallen Angels will get both first and second installments.
There are a few odd-books out though, also getting inaugural editions. Those include Deadpool, which I personally don’t consider a part of the X revival, and a bit of a shock with Morbius.
Info on individual titles
ABSOLUTE CARNAGE #5 (of 5)
- Written by DONNY CATES
- Art by RYAN STEGMAN
- Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
- VENOM AND CARNAGE – TO THE DEATH!
NEW MUTANTS #1 AND #2
- Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN & ED BRISSON (Issue #1)
- Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN (Issue #2)
- Art by ROD REIS
- Cover by ROD REIS
- THE NEW GENERATION CLAIMS THE DAWN! The classic New Mutants (Sunspot, Wolfsbane, Mirage, Karma, Magik, and Cypher) get together with a few new friends (Chamber, Mondo) to seek out their missing member and share the good news… a mission that takes them into space alongside the Starjammers!
- Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN
- Art by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
- Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
- When an island full of unspeakable horrors appears on the horizon, the X-Men have their work cut out for themselves keeping Krakoa safe!
X-FORCE #1 AND #2
- Written by BENJAMIN PERCY
- Art by JOSHUA CASSARA
- Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER
- THE HIGH PRICE OF A NEW DAWN! X-Force is the CIA of the mutant world—one half intelligence branch, one half special ops. Beast, Jean Grey and Sage on one side, Wolverine, Kid Omega and Domino on the other. In a perfect world, there would be no need for an X-Force. We’re not there…yet.
FALLEN ANGELS #1 AND #2
- Written by BRYAN EDWARD HILL
- Art by SZYMON KUDRANSKI
- Cover by ASHLEY WITTER
- THE DAWN DOES NOT BREAK FOR ALL! Psylocke finds herself in this new world of Mutantkind unsure of her place in it… but when a face from her past returns only to be killed, she seeks help from others who feel similar to get vengeance. Cable and X-23 join Kwannon for a personal mission that could jeopardize all Mutantkind!
- Written by TINI HOWARD
- Art by MARCUS TO
- Cover by MAHMUD ASRAR
- Betsy Braddock is Captain Britain, but a citizen of Krakoa. With Rogue’s condition a mystery, the team heads to the one place that has always been the seat of Excalibur’s power – the Lighthouse.
- Written by GERRY DUGGAN
- Art by MATTEO LOLLI
- Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
- The Hellfire Trading Company has control of Mutant trade on the seas… but that doesn’t mean its Inner Circle is done stabbing one another in the back. As Captain Pryde and her Marauders sail on, the real cutthroats are back home…
SCREAM: CURSE OF CARNAGE #1
- Art by CHRIS MOONEYHAM
- Cover by JIM CHEUNG
- OUT OF THE ASHES OF ABSOLUTE CARNAGE! ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES! Patricia Robertson, Andi Benton, Donna Diego… it’s all been leading to this as one of the original – and possibly strongest – offspring of the Venom symbiote at last stars in her own, self-titled ongoing series set in the Marvel Universe! But after the events of ABSOLUTE CARNAGE, what remains of the Scream symbiote as it was before? Does it even have a host? What are their intentions? And what will a pair of web-slinging wallcrawlers have to say about its presence in New York?
- Written by VITA AYALA
- Art by MARCELO FERREIRA
- Cover by RYAN BROWN
- MORBIUS IS THE LIVING VAMPIRE…OR IS HE MORE? ALL-NEW ONGOING SERIES! For years, Nobel Prize winning biologist Michael Morbius has been struggling to cure himself of his vampirism, and now, for the first time in years, one may be within reach! But the path to it is littered with dangers and worse!
- Art by CHRIS BACHALO
- Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
- Deadpool’s newest mercenary job has him going after the King of Monsters, who has claimed a new kingdom for his monstrous subjects…on Staten Island! But you know what they say, when you come at the king, you better not miss! The Merc with a Mouth finds himself neck deep in political intrigue, monster law, and a monster hunter out for blood! It’s like The Crown but with even more swords and monsters! Can Deadpool’s smooth charisma and deft diplomacy allow him to keep his head, or will he be royally screwed?
Continue Reading >>> Source link