The first installment (and some would say, best) of Sega’s Valkyria Chronicles is officially coming to the Nintendo Switch. The game lands next month.
Play the original war, before part 4
VC4 is coming up pretty soon on multiple platforms, but have you played the original? The title that started it all, it’s a pretty highly regarded game. It’s also on the Switch now. Or, it will be at any rate.
In a bit of a surprise announcement, Sega announced just that today. The company says that the game will be making the leap next month, on October 16th.
- Valkyria Chronicles on the Go – Command your troops wherever you go with the versatility and portability of the Nintendo Switch™.
- The Full Valkyria Chronicles Experience – All DLC from the original release of Valkyria Chronicles is included in the base package.
- A War Fought on Two Fronts – Taking place during the Second Europan War, the same conflict featured in the upcoming Valkyria Chronicles 4, Valkyria Chronicles follows the story of Lieutenant Welkin Gunther of Squad 7 as they fight to repel the invasion of the East Europan Imperial Alliance.
- CANVAS Aesthetics and BLiTZ Combat – Fall in love with the unique features of the Valkyria series; the stunning hand-drawn watercolor aesthetics of the CANVAS shader combined with the innovative tactical BLiTZ battle system make for an unforgettable gameplay experience.
- A Legendary Series Needs a Legendary Composer – Series composer Hitoshi Sakimoto brings the battlefield to life with an unforgettable, expertly-crafted soundtrack.
Valkyria Chronicles will run you just $19.99 USD, though you can get it for even less for a limited time. If you pre-order part 4 via the Switch’s eShop, you will receive another $5 off that price. Not too shabby. You will have to jump on it though, since the deal is only good from Valkyria Chronicles’ launch through the 17th of December.
And as for VC4, you’ll be able to grab that for the Switch (as well as additional platforms) on September 25th.
Continue Reading >>> Source link