It’s been a while, no matter how you slice it, but Amazing Fantasy is back. For one issue, the classic book returns to celebrate Spider-Man’s 60th.
The party continues
If you’re a Marvel fan, you likely know all about the celebration that continues to roll at Marvel, for Spider-Man’s 60th. The relaunch of Amazing Spider-Man was just the beginning of that though, as there’s a new marquee one-shot planned for August.
The book will also be marking one more milestone, with the return of “Amazing Fantasy”. The book where the web-head got his start, Amazing Fantasy introduced Spider-Man in issue 15. that would be the final installment too, for decades.
AF did return though, for a handful of issues in the 90s, before reappearing for a short ‘volume 2’. All in all though, and for such an important title, that was it for the banner.
That’s til Amazing Fantasy #1000 in August 2022 though. Yes, I know, “1000”. I don’t know either; just go with it.
This year marks 60 years of one of comic books’ greatest icons—SPIDER-MAN! In addition to an exciting relaunch of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, a stunning variant cover program, and more, Marvel Comics will also celebrate this milestone anniversary with a special issue honoring the comic that started it all, AMAZING FANTASY. Arriving in August, AMAZING FANTASY #1000 will be a giant-sized one-shot brought together by some of the industry’s most acclaimed creators. The collection of stories will explores the past and future of Amazing Spider-Man storytelling in tales that leave a profound impact on the Spider-Man mythos and showcase why Spidey is one of the most beloved heroes in history!
Marvel Comics press release
Big names, potentially big stories
Along with all the pomp and circumstance, there are some legitimately big names included on Amazing Fantasy 1000’s roster. Neil Gaiman, Jim Cheung, Michael Cho, and Jonathan Hickman are all onboard.
Here’s what you can expect from it:
- Visionary writer Neil Gaiman’s grand return to the Marvel Universe
- Emmy Award winning creator behind “Veep” and “Avenue 5” Armando Ianucci’s Marvel Comics debut
- Spider-Man mastermind Dan Slott and superstar artist Jim Cheung team up to explore the enduring love between Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson in a story set in the far future
- Acclaimed artist Michael Cho and novelist Anthony Falcone introduce a new Spider-Man villain
- Ho Che Anderson crafts a horror-fueled Spidey adventure that cuts to Peter Parker’s core
- Plus stories by Rainbow Rowell, Jonathan Hickman, and many more!
All that, plus even more. Marvel says “variant cover reveals, creator announcements, and more” are all upcoming. So stay tuned, the book arrives this August.
Continue Reading >>> Source link