Sega’s famed mascot is almost here, with a collection of his greatest hits. And you can check out an in-depth look with Sonic Origins Speed Strats.
Seems pretty fast
Here’s what you can expect to see from the collection, right from Sega:
- Classic Mode – For a trip down memory lane, Classic Mode features the original game presentation in 4×3 with remastered visuals, finite lives and game overs. Classic Mode is available for all four titles and is unlocked from the start.
- Anniversary Mode – If you are looking for something new, Anniversary Mode features a full 16×9 screen display and an infinite number of lives to keep the fun going without any game overs. Anniversary Mode is available for all four titles and is unlocked from the start.
- Story Mode – Combines all four games into one adventure. Start with Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and end with Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles.
- Animations / Cutscenes – Sonic Origins includes all-new animated opening and ending cutscenes for each game, connecting all of Sonic’s classic adventures.
- Boss Rush Mode – Battle Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic and other challenging foes in Boss Rush Mode.
- Mission Mode – Take on various missions in all four games. The better you perform the higher your rank will be.
- Mirror Mode – Once unlocked, experience classic levels in a brand new way – backwards.
- Coins – Enjoy new rewards by collecting coins in Anniversary Mode or completing missions in Mission Mode. If players fail a special stage in Anniversary Mode, coins can be used to retry the stage instantly. Coins can also be used to redeem content in the museum.
- Museum – Check out a ton of exciting music, concept art, videos and never-before-seen content found in the Premium Collection Vault.
A digital-only release, Sonic Origins lands on the Xbox and PlayStation platforms, plus the Switch and PC on June 23rd.
Continue Reading >>> Source link