The modern classic that is Blizzard’s Warcraft III is back, and in “Reforged” form. Updated graphics and a new world editor highlight the launch.
Reforging a world
Warcraft III was the last in the line of ‘traditional’ WC titles from Blizzard. After it hit retail in 2002, the series went firmly (and seemingly permanently) into the MMO space.
But even after all these years, there are plenty of fans of the classic RTS design of the original series. And it’s with them in mind that Blizz is launching Warcraft III: Reforged today.
The new take on the game sees a revamped look, by way of new graphics, but that’s not all. WC3 now has full Battle.net support as well as a “rebuilt world editor” and more.
Here’s what’s new:
- Complete Graphical Overhaul: Warcraft III: Reforged brings the original game into the modern era with fully overhauled characters, structures, environments, animations, and graphical effects.
- Higher-Fidelity Audio: Warcraft III’s audio has been remastered and improved for Reforged, including the game’s original voice-over recordings.
- Multiplayer between versions: Players will be able to do battle with anyone who plays Warcraft III, regardless of whether they’re playing the original or Reforged.
- Rebuilt World Editor: Reforged features an all-new World Editor designed to empower the game’s longstanding creator community to reach new heights, with hundreds of new triggers, LUA scripting support, new tools for importing models, and more enhancements planned for the future.
- Full Battle.net Implementation: Players will enjoy the full suite of Battle.net features to bolster their Warcraft III experience, including text and voice chat, groups, and seamless installation and patching.
Complete with The Frozen Throne expansion, Warcraft III: Reforged is available right now on both the PC and Mac.
Continue Reading >>> Source link