The long-awaited PC strategy title is on the way to consoles, as Deep Silver and inXile has made it official that Wasteland 2 is on the way to the Xbox One and PS4.
The grandfather of the post-apocalyptic, wasteland-set RPG, Wasteland finally got a sequel last year that landed on the PC after a successful Kickstarter campaign. And now it’s on the way to consoles with Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut.
This is no simple port either, as the game is getting a near-complete overhaul for console gamers including “a more sophisticated lighting system, upgraded environments and improved textures as well as brand new, higher quality character models.” You can also expect to see some non-visual upgrades in the way of new character voices and weapon sounds, so it’ll be a treat for your ears too.
On the technical side of things, you can also expect to experience new balancing to the game overall, as well as a new UI that’s been designed just for consoles, and some all-new in-game elements with the Precision Strike and Perk & Traits systems.
Lots of ‘new’ here for longtime fans to sink their teeth into one more time, or for first time players to get acquainted with.
Here’s the full list of what’s on tap for the Director’s Cut:
- The Director’s Cut: Overhauled graphics with fully redone character and level art, voice-over expanded with tens of thousands of lines, and new features make this the definitive version of Wasteland 2.
- Turn-Based Tactical Combat: Tackle explosive and deadly squad-based combat encounters against the wasteland’s raiders, mutants, robots and more that will test the limits of your planning and tactics.
- Your Squad Your Way: Don’t feel like finding the key for a door? Pick the lock, bash it down with your boot or just blow it open with a rocket launcher!
- A Huge Reactive Story: With hundreds of choices and consequences at your disposal, with both short and long term reactivity to the players choices and 80-100 hours of gameplay, no two players will have the same experience.
- Huge & Customizable: Dozens of hours of gameplay. Hundreds of characters. Thousands of available combinations for your Rangers’ appearance. More than 150 weapons. Dozens of skills!
- Enhanced Classic RPG Game Play: Classic RPG game play ideas updated with modern design philosophies.
Ready to head back to the wasteland? Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut will be shown off at the upcoming Gamescom show and arrives on the Xbox One and PS4 soon after, hitting retail on October 13th in both physical boxed and digital download editions.
Continue Reading >>> Source link