New enemy units? Check. Super-soldiers? Check? Mech suits? One big robo-check.
Technically an expansion pack for last year’s XCOM: Enemy Unknown for the Game of the Year edition of the turn-based strategy title, Enemy Within nonetheless adds an impressive amount of content. New abilities (as highlighted in the trailer), upgrades, weapons and enemies have been added to the game along with some new maps to fight in.
Developer Firaxis actually added so much to the core Enemy Unknown experience that they promise that it’ll be three or four playthroughs before you even get to encounter all the new stuff they put in Enemy Within. That’s pretty cool, and believable too with a list of additions like this:
- New Soldier Abilities: Research a new alien technology to advance the capabilities of operatives:
- Gene Mods: Construct the Genetics Lab to physically enhance operatives’ abilities, including augmentations to the chest, brain, eyes, skin and legs.
- MECs: Build the Cybernetics Lab to enable the construction of the new Mechanized Exoskeletal Cybersuit, or MEC. The new MEC Trooper class has specialized abilities and each suit can be upgraded with new weapons including the flamethrower, grenade launcher and more.
- New Weapons and Equipment: Give operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from the engineering team in the Foundry;
- New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from a host of new enemies, including the Mechtoid;
- New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield and use it carefully back at base to unlock new research and upgrades;
- New Tactical Challenges and Maps: Face new tactical challenges, on nearly 50% more maps;
- New Multiplayer Maps, Units and Abilities: Create custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate opponents in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
Expect to meet the alien threat head on when XCOM: Enemy Within lands on retail shelves for the Xbox 360, PS3, Mac and PC on November 12th in the US and on the 15th internationally.
Continue Reading >>> Source link